You don’t have to be an SEO expert to help your website rank well in search engines. The SEO community is quite significant. You will find a plethora of information and diy SEO tips to help you boost your website’s visibility in search engines. The big question is if you (an SEO beginner) can generate positive results in your rankings? The answer is a big resounding YES. If you have the time and, more importantly, the will to do so, you can achieve favorable results.
Wether you are a small business or large company, these tips to help you get started in the right direction. The two big things to remember here are patience and consistency. SEO does not happen over night. It takes time and effort. If you can maintain these two things you will see a positive outcome. I guarantee it. Here are Velvet Ink Media we practice this same structure and don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
OK, in no particular order here’s a few diy SEO tips you can use to help Google love your site.
- Content & Keywords – I am sure you have heard this before. It still rings true. This should be the first step for any SEO campaign. When writing content for you website, keywords must be the focus of each paragraph. Keywords are pretty easy to identify. What is the focus of your business? You can, of course, employ keyword search tools if you feel it’s hard to identify the keywords for your field. Geography is very important here. So don’t forget to include the area you cover. For example: Custom WordPress Development Tampa FL.
- Grab Keywords From Customers – Only optimize your site for the keywords that matter to your business. Understand which words your customers use to describe your product or service by asking them face to face, on a website form, in a survey, or at the end of their appointment. It won’t help your business if you are focusing on words that they are not searching.
- Basic Content Customization – This one is extremely important. Once you have targeted your keywords be sure to use them properly on your pages. Be sure to include them in the title of your page (H1 tag preferably), the body copy and if possible, the URL of that particular page. If you’re not great at writing, we suggest hiring a freelance copywriter. There are many resources on the web that offer these type of services at various price points.
- Main Menu – Re-organize your menu to include keywords in the top links. For example, if you run an eye care center and your primary focus is various types of eye surgery, don’t hide it under “Services”. Use a more descriptive and intuitive link title, such as “Eye Surgery”. Then list the types of surgeries you preform as a secondary link.
- Blogging & Social Media – First tip here is to use WordPress for your entire website. It is extremely SEO friendly and easy to maintain. You can quickly post articles about your business/field and double post to your social media of choice. This will cut your work in half and get you noticed in your area of expertise. The big key here is to blog regularly. It does not help your cause if you post articles once every two months. This needs to be done on a weekly basis. You may need to employ some help for this because, after all, you should be focusing on your business not the blog. There are many talented freelance copywriters out there.
- Make Sure Your Site Is Mobile Friendly – Given that the number of mobile users have surpassed desktop-users, a mobile-friendly website is a must have. Mobile-friendly or responsive website automatically adapts for optimal display on smartphones and tablets, as well as computers. Google is now favoring sites that are mobile and tablet friendly. If your competitor has a mobile friendly site but you do not, guess which site will be negatively affected? Also (and more important in my opinion) if your site is mobile-friendly it becomes more accessible for users. So whether they’re at home on the couch browsing for your type of service or need an immediate on-the-go answer, your website will be ready to deliver relevant content while maintaining legibility and functionality no matter the screen size.
- Get Familiar with Google Analytics – It may sound scary but it’s not. Google Analytics shows you what pages are the most popular on your site, whether visitors come from another website or through organic search (googling your keywords), how fast they leave your site – bounce rate, and more. Using this data, you can fine tune content on your website and improve rankings.
There are many many other items you can focus on to help your site’s SEO. But these tips will definitely get you started in the right direction!
At Velvet Ink Media, we understand that your time is valuable, so we’ll let you focus on your business while we use our resources and experience to help you optimize your website.
Tips On Optimizing Your Landing Pages For SEO
Why SEO Is Important For Your Business